Description: Heavy, bold cup of coffee, full-immersion method
Equipment: Grinder, timer, scale, hot water, whole bean coffee, standard 34 oz french press
- Weigh out and grind 54 grams of coffee on a coarse grind. Your ground coffee should look similar to coarse sea salt.
- Pour a small amount of hot water in the french press to preheat the vessel, then pour out.
- Place the french press on the scale; Place freshly ground coffee in the french press; evenly distributed at the bottom and then set the scale to zero.
- Grab your timer and start it just when you begin to pour the water. Pour enough hot water over the grounds to evenly saturate them (about 30 grams); wait 30-40 seconds for the coffee grounds to ‘bloom’ (the fresh coffee releases CO2 and gets all bubbly).
- Pour the remaining water in the vessel until the scale reads 920 grams. Place the french press top on the vessel.
- When the timer reaches 4 minutes press the plunger down all the way.
- Immediately pour your coffee, sip and enjoy!